Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's Just Not Completely Christmas Without Clay...


I couldn't help it. Had to go back and watch.

I remember the days of the promise. The traditional annual Christmas Tour promise. And I seriously think at the time he believed it. I know we believed it. And it was at least for those brief few years the primary thing that made Christmas for me.

We know now that at the time he was about to welcome a child into the world, but of course we didn't know it then. If we had, would this song have been even more poignant? Would we have wept even more knowning this would be one of the last concert appearances we'd see from him in a very, very long time?

Hindsight...



All I know is that I definitely miss those shell pink lips, that wonky eye and even the sometimes wonky voice...

Shoot, I just miss all of him. And that is all.


Wishing you all a blessed and beautiful Christmas.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

In Fond Memory of "Ashes"

2 comments:

Dianne Barbee said...

Chardonnay,

You are so right -- it's just not Christmas without Clay. Thank goodness we have recordings and videos of his music of the season.

I hope Clay and his family are having a wonderful Christmas. The same to you and yours!

Thank you for the sweet link to the remembrance of Ashes. She would be over the moon and humbled by the outpouring.

Merry Christmas!

Caro

Unknown said...

I like it, the picture