Friday, August 18, 2006

A Thousand Different... Distractions.

I am a patient person... really I am... and I was raised to appreciate the rewards that come with delayed gratification. In fact I sometimes I delay things absolutely forever... just for schnicks. I am a true believer in the fact that it's sometimes much "better to wait." But I am also a control freak... and in most cases prefer my delays when and where I want them. Because there are other times when I just want it NOW! This is one of those times.

We've been teased mercilessly, but in a good way. The foreplay has been ingeniously rendered... but though my resolve has been weaken'd, I'm still plenty strong to last it out.

It's all about distraction...

Is This The Face That Launched A Thousand Ships?"

I figured that if I read Doctor Faustus from beginning to end that by the time I was finished we'd probably have lift off. I didn't get too far into it... but I was STILL able to find lots of distractions...

This is Helen of Troy.

In classical mythology she is said to have been the most beautiful human to have ever lived.

She was conceived by Leda and fathered by the God Zeus, who on the eve of the mating took on the form of a swan.

Later, after being abducted by Paris, her suiters (which encompassed the entire Greek army) sailed off to Troy to get her back. It is believed that she was the singular cause of the Trojan war.

Quote~

"Is this the face that launched a thousand ships... and burnt the topless towers of Iliam?

Make me immortal with a kiss!

Here will I dwell...

...for heaven be in these lips."


~Christopher Marlow and "Claymates" everywhere... *g*




If A Picture Paints A Thousand Words (then why can't I paint HIM?)

At times I've thought about enrolling in an art class but never in a thousand years would I ever be able to paint anything as beautiful as this...

Because Heck, I Can't Even Draw Decent Stick Figures...

But I DID find this handy, dandy little tool where you can mess up to your hearts content and then just erase it if you don't like what you see.

I only had to erase that one a thousand times... Anyway, I found it to be an excellent distraction. **hint.. there IS a speed control, but then again, speeding it up would kind of defeat the purpose wouldn't it?...

A Thousand Other Ways To Pass The Time... ok only four... but some good ones.

#1: eLouai's Candybar DollMaker

But to limit the possibilities to only a thousand would be utterly foolhardy...

My next project? The "Pants of Perfection" meets "The Hair"...

#2 The JigZone

#3 Church Sign Generator

Just imagine the hours of fun!...

And last, but definitely not least...

#4 My Heritage Face Recognition (Awww, the really fun part about that one doesn't work anymore!..)

Anyway, hope you've enjoyed these little distractions. But if you've still got some extra time on your hands, please feel free to enjoy these...

>The Stories of A Thousand and One Nights.

It'll take you a while...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I made a Library!Clay! card last week and called it "The Face that Launched a Thousand TRIPS"!
HAHA! [tmCHA]
~~~~WinkyDink