Saturday, October 28, 2006

Peek-a-BOO... "D".

This is my daughter... "D". I'm sure of it!

Even though the last time I checked she was a blond and I think the time before that.. a redhead. But it's the eye that gives her away. Such a pretty one.

They say that "the eye" is the window to the soul and I can attest to that... as she has such a pretty soul too.

"D" has friends with pretty eyes and souls as well. This particular one belonging to her good friend "E".

"D" is away at school now and HAS been for two long years. And I miss her... a bunch.

I miss her beautiful voice always singing around the house and the way her hands bring the piano to life with such beautiful music.

I miss her laughter which always seems to come from such a place deep within as if it's just been waiting inside there bursting to be set free.

I miss the gourmet Quesidilla's, Kraft Mac N' Cheese, and the "strawberry smoothies to die for."

I miss my house being perpetually clean.

I even sometimes miss trying to maneuver 2 cars into a 1 1/2 stall garage and being overly concerned for her safety when she's not home at the stroke of midnight.

But most of all I just miss "D".

And no, "D" doesn't stand for "Dramatical" tendencies. But even if it DID... I'd probably miss those too.


Taken the day of her big sisters 1st ballet recital. I call it "Not In The Limelight..."

In My Daughter's Eyes
... and yes, she really DOES have two of them...

In my daughter's eyes I am a hero (I hope)
I am strong and wise and I know no fear (?)
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the
world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me gives me
strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand
around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about

It's hangin' on when your heart
has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy
she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes


To hear "D" sing... go here.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I enjoyed your poem :IN MY DAUGHTER'S EYES" nice blog

Jannet said...

Well... it isn't actually MY poem. But it seemed to fit. Thanks Amanda!