Saturday, August 08, 2009

Memories for a Rainy Saturday...


I had planned on doing major yard work today to catch up on the last 7 weeks of negligence, but it's been raining incessantly since dawn.

So instead I decided to wander around YouTube... and now it's nearly 5:00.

This is one of the best sights ever! At least for me! This is the dancing style I grew up with and the one in which I made my living all the years I made my living in dance... and watching it just gives me goosebumps. The memories are astounding. It was especially fun to see one of my "Richie's" Eugene Flemming, from my "A Chorus Line" days featured in so many of the clips.



So if you're a Fosse fan, or if you've ever even been at all curious about his iconic genius, please just take a moment to check it out. There will never again be anyone who style equates to his.

And of course I get crazy sometimes over the fact that YouTube wasn't around during my day. I check in from time to time and hoping that someday something will pop up. I wish so much that I could see something I'd done. But just today I found this vid of my "Cassie" which was probably just a private video now surfaced... so things are lookin' up. Cheryl was amazing!

It's funny though that as I'm watching this performance, as magnificent as it is, I'm somehow only able to remember the gratitude of having that 10 minute break mid-show every night. It was a killer!

I think this was probably a performance from the Curran Theatre in San Francisco, early 80's... but in my mind I really want to believe that it's taking place on that little stage on 44th Street in NYC... and at which very moment I am upstairs in that bungalow frantically trying to re-dry my hair...



1 comment:

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

"I don't want to be teaching others to do something I should be doing myself"! Seriously Cassie, tell me about it.

Remember me singing this song? Maybe I was born to be Cassie.