Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Fathers Day... Dad!


~~ My Dad wasn’t around at all when I was growing up...

  • He never walked the floor with me late at night to give my mom a break.
  • He wasn’t there to hear me speak my first words… or see me take my first steps... or to drive me to the hospital after I swallowed that ghastly mixture of laundry fluid...
  • Neither was he there to walk me to my first day of Kindergarten… or to watch me graduate.
  • And all those ballet recitals, choir performances and community theater gigs? Nope, no Dad there either.
  • But then... in 1974, when I was only 19 years old… "Dad" finally met mom... and made up for lost time.

    ~~ Thanks Dad, for always being there… during every single moment of my life since then.

  • Thanks for all of your help in practically raising my kids and for all of your support and encouragement in every little crazy thing I have ever done or attempted to do.
  • Thank you for being the very best friend my mom has ever had… and for loving her so.
  • And a special thank you for always managing to find a discreet way of facing in the other direction before rolling your eyes at me...
  • I love and appreciate you SO much!

    {{{hugs}}}...Jannet

    **And a Happy Father’s Day to my birth father too!... who I still can't help but believe always tried to do the very best that he could.

    LARGE PRINT VERSION especially for you Dad... because after all, it IS your day.

    No comments: