Saturday, June 17, 2006

OK... This was WAY too easy... 'cept not so much.


Once upon a time, before I had even mastered the technique of making paragraphs, I'd made it a goal to one day have my own little place on the internet.


Mind you, at the time I hadn't even completely mastered the concept of Email so it WAS a seriously lofty goal indeed. But somehow I did it! Even though it ended up being lame... I called it "my pathetic little website" for forever I think. And maybe it still is... sort of. But the hours that it took to figure it all out are unimaginable. Talk about feeling inadequate! And THEN after I finally figured it out... it just sat for years (ok, I'm exaggerating) because sometimes the the thought of venturing back into it was just too...overwhelming.


But then Clay Aiken, the consummate teacher, came along and suddenly my belief that "necessity is the mother of invention" was reinstated. And somehow he made it all fun ... and easy! (OK, so it's never been easy!) But I mean, when I think about it, I could have gone back to school and learned how to do this stuff... But why?


I wonder sometimes if he realizes that we're not just a continuous mess of fangirliness, but that at times we are exceptionally brilliant. I am forever amazed at the techno-savvyness of the people I've met because of him. People who may have never had the inclination or motivation to have learned this stuff otherwise... and yet ironically have somehow put the "professionals" to shame. You all know who I'm talking about...


Do you think that he knows the extent of the education he has provided us with which would have cost us big time otherwise?... (ok... probably not as much as it's cost us in the overall scheme of things...) but that's beside the point...


Anyway... I regress. I just had to create a Blogger... not that I even know what I'm gonna do with it now!... but I wanted to be cool with the rest of you. Peer pressure at 52! And maybe I'll play here somemore eventually. Who knows? But geesh, I've already nested a nice little comfy and cozy little place for myself elsewhere. A comfy and cozy purple place, albiet... but subtly muted. And anyway, I'm not sure I'm ready to abandon it just quite yet.


So anyway, please feel free to drop by... any time. I can't promise what you'll find there at any given moment... so just be sure to come casual. We'll do ... lunch pretzels. And please be assured there'll be a nice cold six pack of Chardonnay in the fridge.


There always is.


Technorati tags:

1 comment:

Southern Girl said...

Lovely place you have here! :)