Saturday, September 02, 2006

Wishes Do Come True... and here's a perfect example.

Early in August Clay announced that he had accepted some invitations to sing with some local symphonies in lieu of doing a JNT or CD promotional tour. And of course I immediately logged on to my local symphony's site... which happens to be the Grand Rapids one and...

NOTHING. Nothing at all.

The only possible opportunity for him to appear at DeVos Hall in Grand Rapids would be as a replacement for LeAnn Rimes, on December 19th, who had cancelled due to a scheduling conflict. I knew the odds of that would be slim... as GR loves itself some "country"... and so for Clay to step in for her just didn't seem feasible somehow. I mean really, Clay Aiken replacing LeAnn Rimes? That's like replacing kumquats with cucumbers... But still I held out hope.. day after day after day.

I probably would have lost a lot less sleep had I just paid more attention to this...



Heh...

No comments: